Sunday 10 April 2011

Last bit of my evaluation

How effective is combination of the main text and ancillary texts?

I have tried to give my artist more of an image in my ancillary texts. The whole idea of the St Georges day flag gives the impression that she is a a patriotic fans giving her a bigger fan base. I have tried to keep the emotions on the face similar throughout the images to make her seen happy without being over the top. As the song is a love song i thought her being happy in the other photos would led to people feeling a strong connections with her. The ancillary texts only work with each other especially the advert. However looking back, when we did the photo shoot I didn't tack any photos in foresty areas. This would of made more sense due to the fact that much of the video was in a forest and then would have combined them better. however the texts are completely different. The actress was the same in both texts.

What would I have done differently?

Although I worked in a group I feel that it would have been more beneficial to the group as a whole if I did some  filming by myself with the artist as i felt i was the main person in the group who wanted to do well.

Becca did not want to be in the music video as the main actor and this was reasonable however we should of understood this and done a male song rather than having to find an artist who wasn't doing media and therefore not always available. 

I think it would have been beneficial if we chose a more upbeat song as therefore we would have been able to do more effects and probably have got a better mark on it.

I would have enjoyed working by myself instead of a group. I think this would of allowed me to of got things done quicker as i could of done filming without trying to organise a day when everyone is available.

No comments:

Post a Comment