Thursday 7 April 2011

Making my album art.

Are group all took photos of Ashlee and decided that we could all use each other photos. This picture I used was also used by Sam, however this does not matter as we have done still made two very different album arts. I have chosen to make mine very simple and without much effects as if you look at singers who sing songs like casualty of love, such as Adele and Corine Bailey Ray they have very simple album covers there selves.
I used pixlr and online phot editing system in order to make my album artwork. Although the picture was very good I still felt it would be better if I made dulled it down and changed it took make it look more professional i did this by changing the hue, saturation and lightness:










As i hadn't use pixlr before I did a practice album art. I used a grainey filter to prove that i can use different methods however just thought I shouldn't for this artwork, for reasons already explained.



I liked this as I thought it should that she was proud of what country she comes from and the summery dress gives the appearance that she is a happy optimistic girl.

This was my final Album artwork:




I believe the face Ashlee is using makes her attractive towards the audience, it also shows that she is friendly and easy to talk to therefore making her popular. I was not sure what to call the album however decide in the end i should call it "The Start" as it is her first album therefore she is just starting. I used a simple colour scheme of blacks and grey which contrast with the smiley face and also suggest that she isn't overly happy.

The black bits on the back of the album are following on from the front of the album where it has the title of the singer and the album. I have added a price tag and a barcode as these are common conventions of album artwork. The picture on the back is of Ashlee wearing the same clothes but a different photo she is a lot more happy now once again showing her fans she is optimistic and welcoming. The songs names are all in a handwritten style which is done to make it look like it is written by the artist as she wants to personally deliver it and also as if because this is her first album she doesn't have the money to get them printed.

No comments:

Post a Comment